Tips to Taking Care of Your Velvet Curtains
Velvet is the fabric of the royals. A grand fabric that can provide complete protection from sunlight. Velvet absorbs a great deal of light making it a great solution to bedroom interiors. Velvet is used as a fabric that can be made into customized curtains as per the theme of your décor. As much as its versatility it is not 100percent very easy to maintain the fabric.
Velvets have a way of being bold statement pieces. It is available in all colors. Because of its three-dimensional fabric foundation and proclivity to attract dust, it necessitates a great deal of attention and care.
Velvet is very fragile to touch but depending on the fabric characteristic we can choose the cleaning mode.
Check fabric wash instructions below to understand more.
- • Using a certain string or rope to operate the opening and closing mechanism of a velvet curtain is a good idea. Too much hand contact might not only compress the curtain fabric but also make it soiled with handprints. A certain string is the best option for all velvet curtains since it provides flair while also assisting with opening and closing.
- • Professional cleaning: Take your velvet curtains to a curtain cleaner who specializes in velvet curtains for cleaning and washing. Due to the various layers of the fabric, velvet curtains, unlike most other textiles, require extra care when cleaning old curtains. It is a good idea to get the velvet curtains dry-cleaned at least once a year to extend their life and brilliance. Proper maintenance can accelerate the life of the fabric.
- Velvet Curtains gives your home an attractive look. It is usually advised for professional cleaning, but if you are cleaning at home, you must take special care. You can also try certain home dry cleaning kits or products designed specifically for velvet curtains. A velvet curtain fabric, unlike conventional curtains, must be rolled for storage and never folded. Folding velvet curtains can cause bruises and undesirable creases, rendering the curtains ineffective.For optimal results, roll the pile of the velvet curtain fabric in the same direction as the pile. There are cleaners for Blinds and curtains Dubai holds a large number of possible modern cleaners.
- • Maintaining intervals: To remove accumulated dirt and handprints, velvet curtains must be cleaned regularly. Brush your velvet curtains in the direction of the pile regularly. This will help to maintain the velvet's texture while eliminating any undesired dust or handprints from the fabric's surfaces.Velvet curtains are difficult to clean with a liquid detergent, and any stiff patches on the curtain's surface must be washed with extreme caution. When washing any resistant spots from the velvet curtain, always use lukewarm water and a professional cleaning agent instead of conventional soap and water solution.
- • Removing wrinkles and bruises: Velvet drapes do not crease or bruise easily, but if they do, a gentle steaming will restore them to their original state. If your curtains are labeled "dry clean only," keep water away from them. Adding a lining to the velvet fabric can increase the lifespan of the fabric, so even if there is a slight heavy cleaning method used it would still not cause significant damage to the fabric.
Velvet curtains can elevate and brighten up your room by giving you a luxurious and rich feeling. There are limitless reasons one can choose a velvet curtain. If you're thinking of replacing your velvet curtains or adding them to other rooms, consult our customized curtains for your space to ensure they're the correct fit for you and your windows. Lacortina has the best Blinds and Curtains Dubai has to offer.