Understanding your window blinds – A guide to home window treatments
Windows and window treatments enhance the beauty of home interiors. You can find a variety of custom blinds in Dubai in different styles and colours. Here is your quick guide to know the basics about window blinds
There are all types of blinds in different fabrics, styles, colours and sizes. What makes blinds different from curtains are slats that are used to push them up or down(or side to side) .Blinds are a great alternative for window curtains if you want more control over regulating the light that come inside your rooms.
Unlike blinds, shades are often made of one single piece of material that can be adjusted according to the need. Window shades, like curtains and blinds make a significant difference to the rooms. There are different types of shades available like shutters, roller shades, romanshades,balloon shades etc. for your liking.
Drapes are panels made of fabric which are often sold in pairs. Drapes are often lined, making them perfect for bedroom uses. These can block out more light and offer better functionality than curtains and blinds in this regard.
What are window treatments?
Window treatments are helpful if you want to improve the beauty of your house or want to introduce a fresh style.
The purpose of hard treatments is to improve functionality. Theseare usually made of hard materials like wood, plastic or metal. Hard treatmentsprimarilycontrol the amount of light entering the rooms. They are also used when temperature modulation is a big need.
Some of the popular hard treatment designs include
• Shutters : Window shutters made of wood or plastic can be altered to control the income of light and air inside the room
• Vertical, pleated and horizontal blinds can be modified to achieve a desired angle that permits sufficient light volume.
• Shades made of materials like bamboo or fabric issufficient to prevent unwanted light into the room while keeping temperature at a warm level.
Soft treatmentsmainly cover decorative purposes.
Some of the popular soft treatment designs include
• Curtains:Curtains are the most flexible means of soft window treatments as these are available in the most variety of types and sizes. Many custom blinds and curtains in Dubaiareavailable in attractive patterns and colourpalettes.
• Valances:They are often used in addition to curtains and drapes. They complement and add beauty to other treatments. Custom blinds in Dubai usually add matching valances with them.
• Swags: Swags add colour and aesthetics to the room. They are worn from the side of the curtain rods to the floor.
DEcor items like printed blinds and cushions can be seen becoming more common when you go shopping for blinds and curtains in Dubai.